MAST participants are using crypto.cat, an encrypted chat platform, to host online meetings and discussions. Find MAST at @MAST, or contact us at themastproject[at]gmail.com for more information about setting up a chat session with another MAST participant.
1. Go to https://crypto.cat/ with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera (Internet explorer is not supported). If you do not have any of these web browsers, go to http://www.getfirefox.com to get Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on “Download for Firefox” or whatever is the equivalent for your browser. Follow the instructions to get CryptoCat installed which may require closing and re-opening your web browser.
3. Once the CryptoCat extension/add-on is installed, click on the new CryptoCat icon. If there is no new icon, it may be located under Tools –> CryptoCat.
4. You will be prompted to enter a conversation name and nickname. The conversation name is MAST.
5. Click connect.
6. You’re in the online meeting!